Happy Saturday, Reader Friends!
Thanks for stopping by this Saturday. I’m sharing some blog hop details for Love at Lakewood Med’s tour with SLB. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
About the Book
Genre: Adult, New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Cedar Fort
Publication date: March 13, 2018
The Blurb: “Savannah Drake would be thrilled about starting her final year of medical school if it weren’t for one thing: she has to spend a month working in the emergency room with cold, aloof Dr. Wesley Kent as her mentor. When her first day in the ER proves to be a humiliating disaster, Savannah is ready to swear off emergency medicine forever. Gradually, though, she finds that the unpredictable, emotional experience of caring for patients in the emergency room is affecting her far differently than she expected – and Dr. Kent turns out to be anything but the arrogant attending physician that she assumed him to be. But just when Savannah finally admits to herself that she is falling for Dr. Kent, she learns that things at the hospital are not all what they seem. Faced with a seemingly impossible choice, Savannah must decide between her future career and everything that she has come to care so much about.”
About the Author
TJ Amberson hails from the Pacific Northwest, where she lives with her husband and nutty cocker spaniel. Her most recent novels include The Kingdom Of Nereth, Fusion, and Love at Lakewood Med. When she’s not writing, TJ can probably be found enjoying a hot chocolate, pretending to know how to garden, playing the piano, or surfing the Internet for cheap plane tickets.
Follow: Website, Facebook, Goodreads
*Conducted via SLB
1. Who or what inspired you to become an author?
Writing is just something that I have done for as long as I can remember. From the time I was in very early elementary school, I was penciling 50+-page-long stories on notebook paper and handing them in to my teachers to read. I will forever be grateful to those teachers for supporting me and encouraging me to continue writing.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up? Did becoming an author ever cross your mind?
I thought about doing so many things! Movie editor, astronomer, professor, volleyball and basketball coach, pediatrician…and for the most time, I wanted to work at Mission Control for NASA. Throughout, I never really thought about “becoming” an author – writing was simply something I always did on the side, in addition to whatever other interests I was pursuing.
3. What top 5 book(s) do you currently have sitting on your TBR pile?
1)A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L’Engle (haven’t read it since elementary school!)
2)Lethal Licorice by Amanda Flower
3)Assaulted Caramel by Amanda Flower
4)The Lady and the Gent by Rebecca Connolly
5)Love Remains by Sarah Eden
4. What inspired the idea for Love at Lakewood Med?
The concept for the story was very loosely inspired by my own journey as a medical student and emergency medicine resident.
5. What do you want readers to take away from reading Love at Lakewood Med?
First and foremost, I hope that readers love the love story! I hope that readers say they enjoyed getting lost in a fun romance novel that made them laugh, cry a little, and swoon! I hope that readers also come away feeling as though they were right there in the emergency department, watching the chaos, getting surprised by the unexpected, and feeling the complexity of situations that often arise there.
6. What is your current WIP? What can you tell us about it?
Yes! I am working on the sequel to my YA historical fantasy, THE KINGDOM OF NERETH. I am having so much fun getting back to the fictional, medieval land of Nereth, and I’m extremely excited for my readers to see what adventures await the band of characters.
10 Behind the Scene Facts About the Book
1. TJ Amberson started writing LOVE AT LAKEWOOD MED in 2012, put it aside while she wrote and published two other novels (THE KINGDOM OF NERETH, FUSION), and then returned to the story in 2016.
2. The working title for the book was WHITE COATS & STETHOSCOPES.
3. TJ queried Cedar Fort Publishing & Media with the manuscript because she thought that the company would be interested in publishing a clean romance.
4. The novel was originally scheduled to be released in October 2017.
5. Dr. Kent’s name was initially Dr. Hunt. But after someone pointed out that this was the same name as a character in a medical television show, TJ wanted to change her character’s name to something else. TJ decided on Dr. Kent because she felt that it had a strong yet approachable sound to it.
6. The figure on the front cover of the book was designed to stay true to the main character, Savannah, including the slightly messy hair and white coat.
7. One of TJ’s favorite scenes to write was the night hike.
8. TJ found that the restaurant scene was one of the most complicated and nuanced scenes to write.
9. Lakewood Medical Center is a fictional place, and TJ Amberson deliberately does not say in the novel where it is supposed to be located.
10. While the characters in LOVE AT LAKEWOOD MED are fictional, the character of Lynn Prentis pays homage to one of TJ’s friends.
Blog Tour Schedule
March 13-Singing Librarian Books
March 14-Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations
March 15-Reading, Writing & Stitch-Metic
March 16-All-of-a-kind Mom
March 22-Blossoms and Blessings
2 thoughts on “Love at Lakewood Med Blog Hop”
Thanks, Toni, for introducing me to yet another new author! I wonder if I really know very many authors, when I keep meeting new ones. LOL!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Lol, no kidding.
LikeLiked by 1 person