Today’s TBT Feature Novel, Maggie’s Journey, takes us back to 2011! Have you read it? (Psst: Doesn’t the cover look lovely?!) Check out the information below!
About the Book
Near her eighteenth birthday, Margaret Lenora Caine finds a chest hidden in the attic containing proof that she was adopted. The daughter of wealthy merchants in Seattle, shefeels betrayed both by her real parents and by the ones who raised her.
Maggie desires a place where she belongs. But her mother’s constant criticism and reminders that she doesn’t fit the mold of a young woman of their social standing have already created tension in their home. With the discovery of the family secret, all sense of her identity is lost.
When Maggie asks to visit her grandmother in Arkansas, her father agrees on the condition that she take her Aunt Georgia as a chaperone and his young partner, Charles Stanton, as protection on the journey. Will she discover who she really is and, more importantly, what truly matters most in life?”
About the Author
- Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico, 2011 Will Rogers Medallion Award
- Maggie’s Journey, a reviewers Top Ten Books of 2011 list, the 2012 Selah award for Historical Novel.
- Mary’s Blessing, Selah Award Second Place
- Catherine’s Pursuit, NTRWA Carolyn Reader’s Choice, CAN Golden Scroll Novel of the Year award second place, Will Rogers Medallion bronze medallion.
- Her blog, A Christian Writer’s World, Readers Choice Blog of the Year Award from the Book Club Network.
- Three Carol Award Silver pins.
- A Texas Christmas ECPA bestseller list
- Love Is Patient ECPA bestseller list
- Mountain Christmas Brides ECPA bestseller list 3 months, Publisher’s Weekly top 10 list 5 weeks
She has experience in screenwriting, acting, directing, and voice-overs. She is on the Board of Directors for Higher Ground Films and is one of the screenwriters for their upcoming film Abducted to Kill. She has been featured in articles in Christian Retailing, ACFW Journal, Charisma Magazine, and Christian Fiction Online Magazine. Her article in CFOM was the cover story.
In addition to her writing, Lena is a frequent speaker at women’s groups, writers groups, and at both regional and national conferences. She has spoken in six states and internationally. The Lena Nelson Dooley Show is on the Along Came A Writer Blogtalk Radio network.
Lena recently started teaching her “Dynamic Writing Seminars.” The five sessions make a mini conference—teaching writing, publishing today, and marketing.
Lena has an active web presence on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Linkedin and with her internationally connected blog where she interviews other authors and promotes their books. Her blog has a reach of over 65,000.